A. would have
2. You can't hear what I'm saying ____ you stop talking.
A. only if
D. except that
3. Sorry I can't answer your question. I know____ about the subject.
A. a little
4. I ____ get this done immediately or it will be too late.
5. He____ working till he was seventy years old.
A. kept up
B. kept on
C. kept to
D. kept out
6. You ought to take every___ of improving your English.
7. ____ from space，our earth，with water covering 70% of its surface，appears as a “blue pla”。
C. To be seen
D. Having seen
8. The novel ended happily，and the young couple was married____.
A. in the final
B. in the end
C. to the last
D. in conclusion
9. The building___ mostly undamaged after the earthquake，and only minor repairs were necessary.
10. He is an honest official and never any gifts from people who sought his help .
D. took up
11. He stood waving until the train was out of _____.
12. It is important to____ people with respect and understanding.
13. The preparations for the trip will be____ till next week.
A. put out
B. put over
C. put off
D. put up
14. Parking is a big problem____.
A. the traffic is so
B. is so the traffic
C. so the traffic is
D. so is the traffic
15. Nobody can be set in motion without a force _____ on it.
B. to act
16. I know a number of occasions____ people died from water pollution.
17. Dirty water must not be _____ with drinking water.
18. The main road through the city was blocked for three hours today after an accident____ two buses.
19. Will you go to the meeting ____ visiting the museum please?
D. instead of
20. Smith is to study medicine as soon as he ____ military service.
A. will finish
B. has finished
D. would finish
21. If a metal bar is heated，the greater the heat ____，the larger the expansion.
B. being applied
D. is applied
22. They did not discover until later____ the car had been destroyed.
23. He has already made up his mind. It's no use ____ him.
A. try to persuade
B. trying to persuade
C. to try to persuade
D. to try persuading
24. It is much easier to talk about social change than____.
A. to bring it about
B. to bring it on
C. to bring it up
D. to bring it out
25. ____ seems easy in theory seems difficult in practice.
26. The house is dark;the Browns_____ to bed.
A. may go
B. should go
C. should have gone
D. must have gone
27. This is a mistake which is typical ____ beginners.
A. for B. of
C. to D. with
28. There may be，somewhere outside the solar system，intelligent life ____ messages to us.
D. has sent
29. Please be sure to telephone me the next time you____.
30. All the machines____ by the end of the following week.
A. were repaired
B. will be repaired
C. have been repaired
D. will have been repaired